Auteur Topic: Scannerverschil  (gelezen 3696 keer)

0 leden (en 1 gast) bekijken dit topic.

woort080

• Gast
Scannerverschil
« Gepost op: 30 mei 2008, 11:04:47 »
Hallo,

Ik heb een tweeledige vraag.
1-Wat zijn, behalve de aanduiding, de verschillen tussen een Uniden Bearcat UBC9000XLT en een Uniden Bearcat UBC8500XLT.
2- Ik krijg op het scherm van de 8500 de aanduiding: Bank A  P Ch en dan de frequentie. Waar diend de P voor. Als ik de handleiding lees van de UBC9000 zou het gaan om een prioriteitskanaal. Hoe krij ik deze P weg

Alvast bedankt Klaas W

Offline Janos

• Gevorderd Lid
Re: Scannerverschil
« Reactie #1 Gepost op: 30 mei 2008, 12:28:14 »
Het verschil weet ik niet maar prioriteit kan je in- en uitschakelen door bij de betreffende frequentie (in de Hold stand) de PRI toets in te drukken.
UBC3500XLT, UBC220xlt, COM213 met discr. uitg., COM202 met discr. uitg. , RTL-SDR stick, 3x JPole 144-300-430 MHz, 7 el. Yagi 435 MHz, 6 el. Yagi 260 MHz, 5 el. Yagi 145 MHz, QFH 137 MHz, QFH 435 MHz, Helical 260 MHz  all Home made. Sab Titan 1 HD TV sat ontv., 1 m Tratec schotelant., univ. LNB

Gert Jan

• Gast
« Reactie #2 Gepost op: 30 mei 2008, 13:16:19 »
Knippen en plakken, hopelijk is je Engels een beetje ok:

Here are my comments regarding the Uniden Bearcat BC8500XLT scanner for what is worth. I know the scanner is out of production and has been replaced by the highly rated BC9000. The BC9000 was introduced to fix the short comings of the BC8500. Since there are many BC8500's out there now for sale, I thought I give some of my impressions, especially since I have now purchased a Radio Shack Pro 2042 and I can compare the two.

Since I no longer have the BC8500, I can't go into the actual specifications. But the coverage is from 25 to 1300 mhz minus 800 mhz cell and some high end UHF TV frequencies. I was able to receive, by accident, 800 mhz cellular signals as images up around 1260 mhz.

Lowlights:
  # Aircraft band - The scanner's internal circuits put out alot of noise on the aircraft band. Listening to aircraft was alot less enjoyable when there are whistles, tones and other interference going on in the background. Plus, there were two birdies exactly on top of my local airports' control towers!
  # Priority Scan - This scanner can have up to 10 priority channels checked every 2 seconds. I usually had just one channel as a priority and the reason is there is a significant gap in conversations every two seconds while the scanner checks the priority channel. To me it was very annoying and made listening to constant broadcast signals (i.e., TV, FM radio, weather and HAM repeaters) a problem. Even with just one channel being checked, the constant break in the signal got on my nerves.

By the way, my new 2042 doesn't have this problem. You barely know the priority function is active.
  # Speaker Quality - The overall sound quality is poor. The radio sounds tinny and shallow because of the cheap speaker sitting on the top cover. Contrast this to the Pro 2042 which has deeper bass and more realistic sound.
  # Squelch Cut-in - After a signal has ended and before the scanner resumes scanning, there is a relatively long white noise static. Most other scanners I have had cut in the squelch much quicker than this.
  # Scan Speed - Even in TURBO mode, the scanner never scanned anywhere near as fast as the manual said it would. Even entering frequencies from lowest to highest didn't help the scan speed.

Highlights:
  # Alpha-numeric tagging - A great feature of this 500 channel scanner is that for 250 channels you can tag (label) each channel. So for example my channel 1 said "DUTCHESS CTY FIRE" instead of 453.90. It is a great feature if you ever look at the scanner wondering what signal you are listening to. I wish all scanners had this feature.

Of course, entering names for each channel takes a while since you have to rotate the tuning knob to call up most letters (some are on the keys).
  # Channel Counter - A super nice feature, especial when you are searching for new frequencies, is the channel hit counter. Every time it receives a signal, it increments the channel counter. It is a good way to determine just how active each frequency is.
  # Display Dimmer - You can turn the display off or dim it. Useful if you listen at night in bed like I do.
  # Autostore - Will search and store automatically new frequencies.
  # Solid - I have had the radio on for days on end with no problems, hang-ups, etc. Built-in battery saves the data for a long time. Never lost data from a power failure or disconnection.
  # Display Size - Display is nice and big and bright and easy to see.

Some have said that the sensitively or selectively of the 8500 isn't that good. But where I live, upstate NY, I don't know if it ever effected me or not. Selectively would be a problem in a city.

It does not have per channel delay; either delay is on for all or off for all channels. It has no weather pre-sets or warning features and does no frequency sorting. It does check for duplicate frequencies, however. You can not change the mode at will (NFM, AM, WFM).

Bottom Line - A nice scanner for novices or intermediate users not living in a middle of a city and who don't listen to aircraft or constant broadcasts. Experts would probably shy away from this scanner and go with one with a better reputation.

bron: http://www.strongsignals.net

woort080

• Gast
« Reactie #3 Gepost op: 30 mei 2008, 13:54:05 »
Gert jan bedankt. Mijn Engels is beperkt maar bedankt voor je reactie

vgr Klaas